Wednesday, August 20, 2008

For His Glory: Introduction

When I was in Portland this summer I led a small Bible study. I am deeply convinced that God blesses us to use us as a blessing for others. So the purpose of the study was for me to share the great teachings I have been blessed with. In this day and age there are few great teachers, who know and cling to the truth. So in being blessed with someone to teach me the Word of God, I sought to pass on that blessing through teaching.

We all have one teacher, the one good teacher, that is our Lord Jesus Christ. We all have one teaching, that is the Bible, the very Word of God. If I speak any words other than those that are already declared by Christ, or are spoken through me by Christ, then my voice is a resounding gong and my words are foolishness. May God be glorified in all I do.

-Jonathan

No comments: